Yes. All EltaMD sunscreens are classified as Broad-Spectrum. According to the FDA, when used regularly and with other sun protection measures1, Broad-Spectrum sunscreens with SPF 15 or higher decrease the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging.
1Additional Sun Protection Measures defined by the FDA:
· limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
· wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses”
For sunscreen drug products that are not water-resistant:
“· reapply at least every 2 hours
· use a water-resistant sunscreen if swimming or sweating”
For sunscreen drug products that are water-resistant:
· after [‘40 minutes of’ or ‘80 minutes of’] swimming or sweating
· immediately after towel drying
· at least every 2 hours”