- Through software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (our “Apps”),
- In offline interactions you have with us.
Personal Data is data that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual.
- Postal address (including billing address the nd shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number
- Profile picture or other photographs of you
- Social media account ID
- Adverse Event information about you
- Other information such as age, country, or the names of your pets when it is linked to you
- Your Interests (such as topics about which you request data or otherwise indicate interest)
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We and our service providers collect Personal Data in a variety of ways, including:
We collect Personal Data through the Services, for example, when you sign up for a newsletter, register an account, create a profile, or make a purchase.
We collect Personal Data from you offline, for example:
- When you place an order over the phone, contact Consumer Affairs or reach out to us with any other inquiry;
- When you visit our booth at a tradeshow or visit our facilities;
- When you participate in our programs or activities or provide data at industry events;
- When you participate in an offline sweepstakes or promotion;
- When you or someone on your behalf reports an adverse event with respect to one of our products.
We receive your Personal Data from other sources, for example:
- Publicly available databases and sources;
- Data companies;
- Joint marketing partners;
- Third parties who report adverse events regarding a product to us.
If you connect your social media account to any account offered by us, you will share certain Personal Data from your social media account with us, such as your name, email address, photos, list of social media contacts, and any other data that may be (or that you make) accessible to us when you connect your social media account to any account offered by us.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We and our service providers use Personal Data for legitimate business purposes when we interact with consumers, the public, professionals and our customers.
Interacting with Consumers and the Public
We use Personal Data when interacting with Consumers and the Public for the following purposes including:
- To provide the Services to you, such as arranging access to an account you set up with us.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms, by telephone or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments, or complaints.
- To the extent you elect to share personal information, for instance about your skin or oral health, we will use that information consistent with the notice we provide to you at that time and with your consent.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To allow you to send messages to another person, through referrals or “send to a friend” features.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality, if you choose to use such functionality.
- To provide you with customer service.
To send you marketing-related emails, with information about our services, products, and other news about us.
- To analyze or predict your preferences.
- To better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
- We may offer you the opportunity to participate in a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion.
- Some of these promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will use and disclose your Personal Data
We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Data so that it will no longer be considered Personal Data. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements.
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft.
- For developing new products and services.
- For conducting research including secondary and follow-on research.
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services.
- To manage and report adverse event reporting relating to our products.
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users.
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users.
- For operating and expanding our business activities.
We engage in these activities to manage our relationship with you, comply with a legal obligation, or provide you with Services / perform a contract with you, where the processing is in our legitimate interest and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights, or with your consent.